Saturday, November 27, 2010

We All Have A Little Uncle Ruckus In Us

My favorite TV show nowadays is The Boondocks. I don't know if there has ever been anything like it before. Me personally, I'm somewhere between the Militant Huey and the wise ass Riley. But to be honest, there are times when I get so mad at our folks that a lil Uncle Ruckus comes out.

Who's Uncle Ruckus you ask?

Uncle Ruckus, is the biggest Uncle Tom ever imagined in the history of Black America. I mean, name two Uncle Tom's, ok, Ward Connerly and Michael Steele. Ok, those two have nuttin on Uncle Ruckus. On the episode below, one of his neighbors says something to the effect of, "Alex Haley isn't the only one who knows his roots."

"Huh? Who's Alex Haley?"
"You know, he made ROOTS."
"Roots? What's that some kind of gardening show?"

Okay, I could never get to that extreme. But here me out.

Recently in Atlanta a young man was killed @ a party, he got stomped to death for no reason at all. It's times like that when I wholeheartedly support the death penalty. I don't care about the racial issues surrounding the death penalty, if your black, you are not my brother if you do some bullshit like that.

Anyway, this episode of the Boondocks deals with the criticisms aimed at BET in the last 10 years with Uncle Ruckus thrown in for good measure. This episode was banned and it is my first time seeing it.


I doubt even Elijah Muhammad imagined a black man with more self hatred than Uncle Ruckus, from his constant kudos to the white man for bringing us here from Africa and giving us jobs on his plantations where we were gainfully employed and happy to him telling a white man, "May I jus say mista white man suh, that yo dookie smells like sparkling water with a twist of lime." I don't care what we do, i could never hate us that much, but this shit sure is funny. Lord where does Aaron McGruder get this shit from?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like it.
Beautiful Bangladesh

Anonymous said...

I like it.
Beautiful Bangladesh